[SPAM] Re: Chart of Account Reorganization

Mike Dupaix

VIP Member
Gregg,

I have taken clients down this path before in both World and Xe. The biggest issue is the size of F0911. The best results came when the records were consolidated by month before the conversion. This allowed the process to execute faster and the proof of integrities easier to validate.

GL Integrities have to be run before and after the process in all environments, especially in OneWorld. There is no substitute for these tests against the GL data.

Make sure and include all AAI tables as these are often missed. Interactive Version processing options should also be checked for default account settings. MBF's should be reviewed as well.

Reports are also another source of heartache. Data selections,. processing options and any hard coding will need to be changed. All external reports (invoices, orders, finance) must be run and compared to ensure the data is the same before and after the conversion. I found it best to have a conversion environment that was a duplicate to compare all objects against before and after the conversion. The results must be exact before this is run in production.

Security should also be reviewed, especially if BU security is in place.

I have not worked with any third party software as the JDE tools worked in a reasonable fashion. Make sure you have the latest ESU for the conversion programs and contact RL for any SAR's that are in the works.

I wish you good luck in this effort. Make sure enough time is allocated for review and validation and there should be few issues to resolve when tackled in production.
gregglarkin <[email protected]> wrote:
List,

We are looking at restructuring Company, Business Unit (including type) and Object Code. For example we will map our current values to new values and do a conversion using the GL Associates tool. Have others done this or an part of this? If so:
- What Version of JDE
- What is your number of users
- Vanillia JDE or customized?
- Do you have reporting (like Cognos) and did you convert your datawarehouse
- did you use a 3rd party to help if so who
- how long did it take; did it meet objectives
- lessons learned
- are you willing to do an IT discussion with us or a business discussion

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America
Praxair, Inc. Production: XE, Update 6, SP23G, Win 2K, Win 2K3, SQL 2K, Websphere 5, XPI 4.7, Citrix Presentation Server 3.0 36 servers, over 3000 users from 5 countries "The longest route between two points is 'the shortcut' "

Mike,

Thanks for your thoughts. This will be a very lenghthy project. I'm glad I'm not the PM on this. Our Production database is over 200 GB. They have a healthy budget set aside for this project and will take their time making the changes and testing everything out.

Gregg Larkin

Back