cleanup.exe crashes

Pdejong

Hi,

I am having problems with cleanup.exe on a wintel enterpriseserver.
My questions are:
1) what is the function of the program
2) The program is started when I start the JDE Net services. It fails with a windows Application Error. Problems reading instructions from the memory. Any ideas?

The OS is windows 2003 SP1 and OW XE cum 6 sp20. The database is Oracle 8i.

This function enquires on the F986110 in the server map datasource to see if there are any records that show with a status of P. No records in the table should be showing a status of 'P' as when the services start up all jobs should be in waiting or done.

The cleanup.exe application changes all records that are showing as P to E (error). This means that any jobs that are in the Q (important for single threaded queues) behind that job will not be held up by a job that is not physically running.

What does concern me though is that in your signature block you say that you are on :-

OS is windows 2003 SP1 and OW XE cum 6 sp20. The database is Oracle 8i.

MTR's for OW Xe say that W2003 SP1 is not supported until SP23 so you are way behind and this may be your issue.

Thanks Terry, that's it. This server config isn't ready yet. I still have to setup the queues...

I now the config is behind MTR. The errors are occuring on a test server. We want to know what is happening on SP20 and W2003. OS our primary enterprise server is Solaris it is not a big deal.

Thanks for the concerns!

Back