Not able to login to PSFTPLAN

JT43

List,
I just installed version 8.10 to a Windows 2003 deployment server, I installed the first 2 CDs and when I was trying to login to the planner environment, I got this pop-up box continously asking for the PSFT password for the system 810 Local... to give more info the MSDE install from the CD had issues, so I installed the SQL server manually and started it. any clues why?

I am not sure abt 8.10, but in 8.11 and 8.12 there are script that need to be run before login in planner environment.

Go to Planner/Data Folder on DS. Check if there are any .bat to attach scripts. U need to run these script before login to planner environment. I think it is attach_planner.bat file.

Let me know if these scripts are there or not in E810.

here are the .bat content of the Planner\Data folder:
attach_psctl810.bat
attach_psdata810.bat
attach_psdd810.bat
attach_psol810.bat
attach_psplan810.bat
attach_pssy810.bat
attach_psvl810.bat
detach_psctl810.bat
detach_psdata810.bat
detach_psdd810.bat
detach_psol810.bat
detach_psplan810.bat
detach_pssy810.bat

what about JDELOCAL? is this the service from MSDE? how can I check if it is installed properly and if not installed, where will I be able to get it?

Hi JT,
I was just away from this topic.

U need to run only attach_psplan810.bat This batch file will call all other bat file.

yes JDELOCAL is MSDE Service. From 8.9 the planner databse is in MSDE (and not in MS Access as was till XE)
To see whether planner is attached properly, you need any SQL Server in the network. From there u can access ur DS/JDELOCAL database.
There you can verify.

As you installed SQL Server on DS, you can view ur planner database after attaching from DS only.

eSky, eSky,
thanks for all the tips. I ended up deleting the MSSQL folder in the Program files, I also uninstalled all the SQL servers in the deployment server (I been installing all kinds of SQL servers from downloaded files and found out that I had multiple installs on the dep server) that's when I reinstalled MSDE from the CD. now, I'm able to login to the PSFTPLAN environment.

Back