Date Format

Gov

Hello Every One

Here It is requested us to change the date format in JDE. Currently by default it is MMDDYYYY format in JDE. Where as my client want it to change to local date format DDMMYYYY. Is there any way to make it happen. please help me

Thanks in advance
Gov

I'm running version B7332 on Fat Clients. The way to change the display of the date format is to:
1. go into the Windows Control Panel.
2. open up Regional and Language Options
3. click the Customize button on Regional
4. go to the Date tab
5. change the Short Date format to dd-MMM-yy

JDE will display the date as dd/mm/yy

In short, windows controls the date format, not JDE.

dave

Hello Every One & GOV,
OFF
I am just curious, why is this thread (without response up to now) is rated with four star?
blush.gif

Would be great, if the voter(s) will answer this.
Thanks.
Zoltán

Don't forget to change the server(s) format as well. Individual users may be able to change their own, but if you set a Group Profile entry, you can probably set it so everyone's the same.

How can I change the AS/400 to use MMDDYYYY instead of MMDDYY? The QDATFMT system value does not let you specify 2 digits vs. 4 digits for the year. Where is that determined?

I ran a UBE with the trace logs on locally and on the AS/400. The JDEDEBUG log shows 4-digit years when I run locally but only 2-digit years when I run on the server.

Travis Wendland
E1 8.11 SP1
AS/400 V5R3

Thanks to all of you.

I did tried to work it out by changing date format in windows. But no change in my JDE date format. can you please help me if it requires any INI file changes.

And also I tried to change it in User profile. THis worked smartly. But the thing is that this date format change will be only for that profile. Is there any way to make it happen for all the profiles at a time.

Thanks,Gov

Gov,

In Xe, the date format, in at least part, is set in the User Profiles application (P0092). Enter the user id in the QBE and click find, then double click the user id row in the grid (or click it once and click select) to edit the profile. It is in the bottom group, entitled Display preferences, the item is Date Format. It is edited against UDC 00/DF. I think there is also a global update function that may be able to update this on a larger scale. It is held in F00921.ULFRMT.

I hope this helps.

Peter,

Thanks for providing valuable information. Now we are out of danger. We are searching a business funtion that can change for all profiles at a time.

Thanks,Gov

Back