Copy Tasks from DV811 to PY

Maria Miller

We have our Dev environment on 8.11 SP1. We are getting ready to update Prototype from ERP8 to 8.11SP1. I want PY to use the tasks that we already have setup in DV. What tables do I need to copy over to PY?

Hi Maria,

In XE and ERP8, you use the "Record Copy" app, found in the Content Development Tools taskview to copy solution explorer menus and taskviews between pathcodes. I do not know what tool 8.11 uses for that.

Gregg Larkin

Word is - if you upgrade, there is a P98...something application that allows you to copy.

If you don't upgrade - you are supposed to use OMW.

I'd find out about the OMW approach (see Charles' article) - if I were playing 8.11.

(db)

If you prefer copying the tables wholesale using DBA tools, the tables you need to replicate are the F9000 Task Master, The F9001 Task Relationships, and, assuming you've done your fine cuts, the F9006 Variant Detail tables.

However...

Copying these table from DV to PY should be a one shot deal. I strongly urge you to learn how to use OMW as the change management tool to promote any future revisions to your menus to PY and PD.

A note on the Record Copy in the Content Development Tools: Support for this program ended when Task Explorer was incorporated into OMW with 8.11. It's still available, and it works, but if you have problems with it you are on your own. Get to know and love OMW.

Back