Serialized objects in 8.11 SP1 being deleted

snowman

snowman

Folks,

We are currenlty experinecing an issue where records are being deleted from our F989999 tables. The issue is described as:

Random Critical System Error. Please contact your system administrator. SPEC_NOT_FOUND errors unable to find OneWorld specification for DICT- missing DD items in the jas logs.

It is a know issues with Oracle and a SAR 8088422 is being generated for this problem.

NOTE:
Regarding the issue of randomly deleted specs in F989999/ F989998 tables. The problem is with a setting in the JDE.ini on the WebDev client:

[LOCALWEB]
AppServerInstalled=1

Whenever there is a modification of the SPEC files (App specs/ dd specs by whatever process)
 whether by JITI of DDs when user signs in or
 Checkout in OMW or
 Changes Specs in design Tools

Any of these actions causes the system to validate that the local Web's specs are in synch with the specs being modified. So the Windows Client (Web Dev) follows these steps in the process of forcing the specs to be in synch

I am just curious to know how many other implementation out there are experiencing the same issue.

Thanks

Greg

Hi Greg,
We are on 8.11 SP1 and have been facing lot of trouble with specs getting corrupt for custom objects.
And the JAS Log shows the errors for missing DD.

Is there any workaround or a method to reduce such corruptions?
I logged a case with Oracle but they just asked to repeat a full generation which hasnt helped at all.

Thanks,
Jaya

EnterpriseOne 8.11 SP1 Win 2003 SQL Server 2000

Jaya,

Wow...nice to hear that ONE other 8.11 install is having the same issue.

The solution provided from Oracle is to isolate the F989998/F989999 in its own library and update the JDBJ.INI accordingly.

Workaround (Isolate JAS Serialized objects for the Server):

You should map your F988999/8 tables to a non-OCM referenced location

If the F989999 is referenced thru OCM then it will be accessible by WebDev Clients and they will delete DD Specs - so we need to move it to a new library or database and refer to it in jdbj.ini by changing the jdbj.ini

[JDBj-SPEC DATA SOURCE]

name=newDatasourceName

Thanks a lot Greg...hopefully this will solve generation of objects so frequently.

HI, we have a new 8.11SP1 install and we are experiencing this too, I just logged a call and then started searching here. My webgen process is to gen to the local msde database and copy the files to central objects - so it was easy to see that records are somehow being deleted.

Back