Printing from WTS

gerd_renz3

VIP Member
Hi List,
we are running E8.9 from windows terminal services over W3k. We are having problems to print from on laser printers from the Acrobat Reader. Can anyone point me to a document or explain here how printing from a WTS works?
I have to confess that I am completely in the dark. Users see tens of printers when they try to select from the printer selction box in Acrobat. The WTS seems to replicate my local printers on the server. Can I (should I be able to) use any of these replicated printers, can other users use my printer? How can I avoid these replications and have only half a dozen printers (that´s all we need) installed. We get a lot of "could not start print" errors from Acrobat when we select the incorrect (?) printer.

Thanks for any help, Gerd

you get this adobe message since the printers are not deinfed on the WTS you are attempting to print from. i would think in order to use this option (file->print) from the adobe menu you would need these printers set up on the wts.
however we had additional problems when one of these printers was unavailable..i alos remember we dsabled roaming profiles for users also..

we use the row exit on the WSJ screen and this forces the job to an output (print) queue.

Thanks for your answer!
We get the error as well when the printer IS defines on the WTS. Funny thing is that we can print a simple text from notepad but cannot print from Acrobat.

Gerd

Ok, we fixed it. We needed to swap the driver to one that is not the original driver for that printer. S.o. from Xerox sugested that and it worked.

Thanks, Gerd

Back