Error When installing JDEdwards on Citrix server

David Kimbrell

When installing JDEdwards on the Citrix server, the package reaches 100% but I then get an error telling me it didn't install correctly. The install log is listed below. Any help would be appreciated.
"Peoplesoft Client Install Log:
Summary
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OS Version Win2000 Service Pack 4 (VER_PLATFORM_WIN32_NT 5.0)
Installer Version Can't determine version: In debug mode
Launch String C:\Documents and Settings\administrator\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Setup.exe
Launch Time Monday, May 08, 2006 04:09 PM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~~~
Line# Msg# Time Level Message
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 1 04:09:07 I Install Started
2 4 04:09:13 I Operating System = WindowsNT 5 . 0
3 3001 04:09:14 W CPackageSelection::OnInitDialog: Key 'PackageName' is missing in section 'Attributes' of '\\ERPDEP\E810\package_inf\PACKAGE_INF.inf'.
4 2 04:09:18 I Package Chosen: \\ERPDEP\E810\package_inf\PDF060427.INF
5 7003 04:13:07 W °„C: Configuration error for INI update. The error message was 'Compiler Install Path not found in registry'
6 101 04:14:42 I Setup was either canceled by the user or failed.
Install Time: 00 hours, 05 mins, 35 secs.". This is only happening on one of the servers and didn't happen when we were on Xe. Any ideas?

Try stopping the IMA Service, Remote Registry, and virus protect
(temporarily).

Then install the package in install mode.

BG

BG brings up a good point. His statement about making sure you're in install mode reminds me to make sure the durn thing is plugged in. If none of the above comments help, give us the exact steps you take to do your install. Sometimes all we need is a spur to get the cogs turning.

Hi David,

I take it OneWorld still works fine on the Citrix Server in question? Are you installing 'Production Objects' only?

I have seen this in the past and believe it could be just a warning to do with the fact that you do not have Visual C++/Studio installed on that particular server - is this the case?

Thanks / Best Regards,

Sanjeev

Make sure there are no users on while you are installing Oneworld and that you have full administrative to the servers.

Back