On-Time Vendors

daol1234

Hi,

In my former employment as SAP consultant we had a wonderful SAP function in Accounts Payable called "one-time vendors" - the intention is vendors who are non-regular partners to the company is not entered in the adress book as regular vendors, but instead entered as a "dummy" vendor and specific details such as bankaccount, name, adress etc. where entered at the same time as you entered the vendor invoice in AP. The outcome was you could have one distinct process for paying invoices etc. without having the down-side of a constantly growing adress-book full with one-time ID´s, making searches etc. frustrating and an increasing risk of selecting the wrong adress-book ID when entering orders & invoices.

Are there any smart solutions to this issue in JDE??

Best Regards,

Daniel

Sure!! Migrate your JDE system to SAP!! Sorry, couldn't resist. I'm sure you'll get some help from the functional folks, but in my limited CNC knowledge of the system, since everything hinges on AB#, I'd say "no".

We do it the way you have described and it works just fine for us...

Re: One-Time Vendors

How? Do you use only one dummy adress-book ID and enters all vendor details while registering the invoice (thus making the vendor information NOT ending up in the Adress book??) Programname and description would be very appreciated.

/Daniel

I am not sure if it will make SOX happy..
In my opinion, It is SAP which should take this functionality away rather
than, jde adding this functionality..

Tricks are always there.!! If they can legalize gambling on a boat.. we can
cut a check with a temporary vendor.
Thanks
Devi Misra

One addressbook entry called 1xVendor. When the purchase order is raised in P4310, we use the "Order Address" form exit to enter the supplier address detials. Bank account details are entered later with the invoice.

Back