Dangerous Inventory Management

Jean-Francois

Hi JDE List,

I need to have some information concerning the dangerous inventory management. Does this functionality exist in JD Edwards?

My business must manipulate the dangerous inventory. When we sold this inventory, the transporters needs to indicate that the load contain a dangerous product. The transporters must install a placard to indicate witch kind of product contains in the van. I just want to know if is possible that JD Edwards manage this kind of information?

I looked in the transportation documentation and I didn’t find anything about this subject. I’m sure that order businesses have the same needs of me. Someone have any idea?

Thank you

This information is kept on the Item Master. From Item Master, take the Storage/Shipping row exit, then shipping tab.

Let me know if I can help with any other questions in this area. I was a Certified Hazardous Materials Manager in a prior life.

Thanks for your help

I’ve an other question:

When the transporters have multi-drop for a different customer, it’s very important that the Hazardous Material reflect the totality of the load. It’s possible that orders haven’t needed the placard but if we consider the totality of the load, the quantities of Hazardous Material need a placard. Is it possible to set up the system with multi-drop for different customers?

Thank you

This requires System 49, Transportation Managment. This module has features to allow consolidation of shipments into loads, routing shipments within a load, and printing of shipping documents such as manifests and Master Bills of Lading. Are you using this module?

Hi, we didn't use presently this module but we've planned to integrate them in the current project. The time of configuration is planned.

Thanks for your response and have a nice day

Back