Price Question

rmreichenbac

Hi
I am a college student trying to find ballpark prices for JD edwards Enterprise one. I am writing a paper and cannot find any information at all. I have emailed Oracle and JD Edwards with no reply, if any one can help that would be much appreciated

Thanks
Ryan

Probably due to the fact that it's not "off the shelf" pricing. Too many factors go into the pricing of the software...how important is the client; how many users; what modules (sometimes companies get great discounts to be the first to use a new module); how are Oracle sales doing for the quarter/year; will the client be also purchasing consulting hours; what level of maintenence will the client be purchasing (the REAL cost of the software, the recurring yearly cost to support it).

So the reason you are probably not getting an answer is there is no easy answer. You'd do better by defining your question. Ask in terms of theoretical number of users and which modules are required.

To back-up Jim's point a bit. In the ERP systems world one rarely talks about price of the software, out of context. You may get an F if you do. "Cost," "implementation cost" (including consulting) and other terms are used more commonly and many people, in hundreds of papers (academic and business) have discussed and compared the few remaining vendors.
You can search on the web and in libraries. Also, as there are different licensing models (example the original JDEdwards liked the "per-seat" licensing, while the original PeopleSoft liked the "enterprise" (based on revenue) and bundles with what is called middleware (E.g. database, webservers), per module costs... the numbers are very different.
If you write all this in your paper, you may get an A.
laugh.gif

It really depends upon what software and components you are purchasing. World used to sell for around $250K-$500K. One World implementations average around $5M. I was once on an e-commerce B2B PS implementation that was originally budgeted at $5M and six months later, they were spending $10M. Before Y2K, it was not uncommon for an SAP implementation to run between $15M and $50M. As you can see, there is a wide variance, which is based upon the company's requirements.

Back