AS400 gethostbyname error

gerd_renz3

VIP Member
Hi,
I am adding a new AS400 server to an existing 8.9 installation. When starting the OW services I get gethostbyname errors in the JDE logs. The hosts file is properly set up, I can do ping or ftp to the server itself or to the other server, using the hostname (and not numbers).
Something else happening on that machine is that an ftp to it was EXTREMELY slow, running 24 hours for a few gig of data.
Thanks for any hints, Gerd

that function is different on different platforms, so the issue could be a classic "non-error". If functionality isn't affected, it could be this case. I've also seen this happen when the "virtual" name isn't the "actual" name, such as when using a cluster. There is a [Cluster] section that can be added to an .ini (don't ask me what it is, I used it many moons ago). The only thing that came to mind when I read your post was the RDB directory entry on the iSeries, but it would be strange if this wasn't correct as you didn't indicate you were getting physical connectivity issues. I'd thoroughly check the TCPIP settings on the iSeries, and the RDB directory entry (CFGTCP and WRKRDBDIRE). I'm sure you've already verified the obvious, current PFT and CUM levels for the tools release you are on, etc...

check CFGTCP options 10 and 12...........there are case sensitive.

Also post the jde.ini and the jde.log

Colin

Thanks guys. Looks like we´ve got something wrong in WRKRDBDIRE. I´ll let you know.

Gerd

Back