No SecurityServer= UBE run under PSFT Sync Network JDE passwords

jskala

Hi,

We are currently on E810 E9.85H1 with an ISeries (AS400) Enterprise server.

We wanted a way to have the JDEdwards user/password and JDEdwards proxy/system user/password to be the same as a users network and AS400 user/password.

The reason is to be able to see individuals on the AS400 side instead of proxy/system users and also so your network username and password is the same in all systems. Prior to JDEdwards we have this working between the network password and our AS400's password, it sycns them up when your network password changes.

We found out a possible solution was to remove the securityserver= so then what ever user/password you pass into the JDEdwards login screen is what it passes to the AS400, and if they match you log in.

It almost works perfect. You can see the individual users on the AS400 and you dont have to maintain a user/password and proxy user/password inside JDEdwards system so everything matches.

Problem is all UBE jobs that get submited by the users all run under PSFT now instead of the user thats logged in.
Oracle replied that if you wanted to see seperate users you would need to fill in the proxy/system user the same as the user/password in JDEdwards.

I have no issue with that since we want to be that detailed but then the issue is while a user can change there password its not as easy to change the proxy/system user password, and honeslty I dont think the user should have to change both infact even the one bugs me becuase you already did the network one why should you have to go into any other application and change it.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or if anyone has gone down this path already?
Does anyone know of an xml external call that will update the JDEdwards user and proxy/system user password, so when we sync up the AS400's password with our custom program we could do the same to JDEdwards.

Thanks for any help
-jason

Back