Migrating from World and changing platforms and DB

bopper

I am working on a project to migrate from World to E1. Besides migrating the application and change of platform from i-series to Intel and database DB2 to SQL Server is being done.

Has anyone ever done this type of conversion?

Thanks

I have done it and let me be first to tell you that it is not easy. Here is how I would do it. Migrate your system to EnterpriseOne on your current iSeries. Once you have successfully migrated to EnterpriseOne, you will need to create your SQL Server databases using the .bat files contained on the DEP server. May want to consider bringing the Intel ENT server on as an application server initially. With the SQL databases in place, the easiest way to bring the data over is with the R98403. Takes the guessing out of a lot of tasks and allows the system to copy the data for you. I would not try and do this all at once or even over a weekend. Do it in phases. I would move over a single library at a time, constantly modifying the datasources (all locations) in order to point to the new locations of the SQL databases. Additionally, I would review the indexes after each copy. Some may need to be generated. After all the libraries have been migrated, modify the iSeries-related OCM's to point to the Intel ENT server. Make sure that you have setup the correct number of batch queues and then streamline your EnterpriseOne kernel processes.

If need any advice, feel free to contact me.

Back