Refreshing Business Data and Control Tables from PROD

filizrae

Hi All,

We have a requirement to refresh our PY Business Data and Control Tables from PROD weekly. This data is roughly 110 GB.

We logged a call with Oracle and was advised that they only support the refresh function via their UBEs, which takes around 48 hours in our environment.

We are on JDE Oneworld 8.9, Unix and Oracle 9i.

Does anyone refresh a similiar environment with similiar disk usage?

Any feedback or links very welcome...

We use exp and imp for refreshing data. Our database is about half your size and we can get this done in about 11 to 12 hours. 4 hour for exp and about 7 for imp and index create.

Is there a way you can automate an import/export on the oracle side. I do this every week using a SQL Job since we are on SQL Server and it takes about 2 hours.

We have similar environment (8.9, Unix and Oracle 9i, 175 GB database)and we refresh weekly through Oracle. It is all automated for Saturday nights. We have been doing this for years. No problems.

--Sam

One of the few remaining joys for the iSeries people:
CLRLIB, CPYLIB and voila
cool.gif

I really miss the AS/400... no tablespace sizes, no redo logs, native database, ahh memories...

We have automated the exp/imp process also through scripts and crontab. Recently we re-allocated our data evenly on all disks and replaced from fibre to sata drives (increased disk arms but reduced speed). Prior to this, the refreshes were taking 17 hours, now they are taking over 30 hours. Doesn't make sense...

Also, we have different tablespace names for our PROD and DEV environments and therefore cannot use the one pass command to import.

This may be a dumb question (I'm an AS/400 person...), but can you copy the datafiles directly from PROD to DEV (using unix cp command) if the tablespace names are identical?

Hi Sam,

Can you tell me how long your refreshes are taking and what process do you use to do the refreshes.

thanks
Filiz

Back