Logins hanging into DEP810 and PSFTPLAN - 8.10/8.95_I2

jde_cnc

List,

8.10/8.95_I2, Full clients, Citrix on Win2003 Server/SQL 2000

I have been encountering this issue for months now, and cannot seem to nail down the cause. Intermittently, local logins into DEP810 and PSFTPLAN from the deployment server are hanging. The login seems to authenticate, and does all appropriate handshakes, and even brings up the Solution Explorer interface. However, there is another prompt window open that just reads "Connecting to [Enterprise Server\DB]..." This window does not close, and the connection is not completed. The logs are worthless, as they look identical to a successful login. At times (sometimes for weeks), the logins work fine, then again hang. Any ideas?

Things I have looked at:

JDE.INI has security server on, with correct server setting
Debug has been turned on and off
I can ping enterprise server by name and address
Port sniffer shows established connections to database
Firewall is turned off

Other than this issue, the DS works perfectly. Package builds, OMW, versioning is all fine. Once a login is successful, the DS client works fine, as well. This issue was present all the way back to tools release "D", and we have since moved the DS to another machine with the same name, with the same results.

Thanks in advance.
DR

Hi,
Try out the services start/stop option.
Go to services.msc and look for PSFT services on enterprise server.

If they have not been started than start it again.
It is also adviced to keep the PSFT services manual.

-Irfan

I have the same issue on FAT clients where I regularly build update packages. I'm looking forward to the resolution for this problem because it's a pain!

Hi,

8.95I has been replaced by 8.95J.
8.95I was very buggy and been (theoretically) fixed by 8.95J.

Regards,

DR,

One thing I didn't mention is that these failed logins are specific to a certain profile. I actually created two profiles for myself so that when the login fails I can use the other profile on the same machine. As you said, eventually, it seems to fix itself and I can return to the original profile. Maybe that will give you a clue as to the cause. Keep us posted if you figure anything out.

Janice

I have updated the system to J1 as of yesterday, and it is looking better. No hangs so far...

I've experienced this issue on an e8.10 Deployment Server and Fat Clients. This is the workaround I use, as goofy as it sounds:

1. Open Windows Task Manager before trying to log into JDE/Peoplesoft (i.e. right click on the bottom task bar and select "Task Manager".)
2. When Task Manager opens, click on the "Processes" tab.
3. Try logging into JDE/Peoplesoft. On the machines I've used it may take a little longer than usual (let it try for about a minute) but then it gets through the database login screens and goes in normally. Even better, at least on the machine I've used, I don't have to do this again the next time I log in (i.e. it seems to clear the problem up).

Regards,

--Mike

Back