Cloning/Clustering with ERP 8.0 sp23

ajlull

We will be upgrading to SP23 from SP22 and from WebSphere 4 to 5. I have been trying to get a definitive answer from support as to if WebSphere 5 'Clustering' is supported with ERP 8.0 SP23.

I have one person saying no, and a knowledge document (200824183) telling me that this is indeed the way to go.

So...I'm asking if there is anyone running ERP 8.0 SP23 using Clustering on WebSphere 5.

AJ

ERP 8.0 SP22 HPUX WebSphere 4 etc.

Silly question - why go to WAS 5 when it is a dead product? IBM does not provide any training in it and minimal support. Why not go to WAS 6? Network deployment (the sucessor of clustering) is well supported in WAS 6.

WebSphere 5 uses network Deployment. WAS4 had 'Cloning' not clustering. And I don't think that WAS 6 is supported with 8.0

AJ

I just checked the MTRs and it looks like I was right. WAS 6 is not supported.

Why would network deployment for erp 8 not be supported if WAS 5 is? I have a hard time believing Oracle support. I asked them to give me something that says that, because I'll need to justify buying a load balancer if we can't do clustering.

I finally got a direct answer from support. WAS 5 Network Deployment 'Clustering' is supported for all versions prior to 8.95 with SP23. However IBM will be dropping support on WAS 5 in or around September. There are changes in the works to support 6.0 either in a one-off to SP23 or in SP24.

-Just in case anybody is interested.

Back