Runube execution problem

jroux

Hello *all,
think I'm going to start writing a book with all encountered problems. Here is a new one :
we've got a CLP job in which 9 RUNUBE are executed (the report is the same for the 9 RUNUBE (R09801 with 9 different versions). Parameters 'USER' and 'PASSWORD' are the same for all RUNUBE. The CLP job runs every night, usually without any problem.

Yesterday, the 3 first UBE ran correctly. But the fourth ended in error : "runube: JDB_InitEnvOvr failed with rcode = 0" .
We already had the problem randomly with the 6th or 9th, and also with other UBEs in other CLP. I don't think UBEs are faulty, maybe it's something like a database connection issue, but what to do ?

Do you have this kind of problem too ?
Thanks.

Sometimes the process also fails , becasue of the data...you might want to check the post item that it failed on...

Are you submitting this to a single-threaded queue? Multiple R09801 UBEs will crash with each other in a multi-threaded queue.

Hello, sorry for late answer.
I don't know if data are incvolved in this problem, because if we run the job again manually, without modifying the data, it works.

Hello and sorry for late answer too.
Our UBE are called in a CLP job (each RUNUBE runs after the previous one is ended). No R09801 runs at the same time as another one.

I know that this may not be a long term fix but can you divide the 9 jobs to run 3 separate jobs that call 3 versions per job?

We had an issue where we called 7 different jobs in one run and we would have an issue with the last 2 or 3 jobs not running. We divided the run into 2 separate jobs and we have not had an issue since the change.

Hello and thanks for your answer.
I guess that's what we'll have to do. However I'd like to know what the problem is. Did you talk about that with JDE and did they give you a real answer ?

Back