JD Edwards Menu Security Running on AS400

Hernan

Hi everyone! I'm posting this question here as it has to be with an implementation of JDE on AS400 but you may tell me where I should have done this.

I just have to analyze the file F00821 (menu details) as to determine the menu routes (initial menu, middle menues (*), final menu) that executes or launches some predetermined RPG programs (let's say PXXXXX)

After bulding an algorithm to create the whole "menu tree" someone told me to look at the field MZJTOE (Job to Execute) as to determine the program that is launched by that menu point. The problem is that is a CL (JXXXX) program and I have to know the RPG (PXXXX) program. I was looking at the contents of the field called "Option Key" and it seems to be the one I was looking for, but I am not sure.

So finally, anyone knows how to determine the RPG program that a certain menu point is launching?

Thanks in advance

Hello Hernan
I have worked for several companies and none have ever gone this route because of the difficulties involved. Can I ask you, are you doing this because your company has to, due to local laws or audit requirement, and if so is there a budget?
regards
Mike

You'll have to read the CL programs. They may call more than one CL or RPG programs in some cases (eg. statements will call a file build program and a print file create program).

You can use F9801. That is one of the techniques I used to build our solution that does exactly this.

Back