Sales Update Problem

cati

Hi all,
I have got a problem running Sales Update when the records to be processed are more than 3000 (approximately).
When we run R42800 with not so many records everything is ok, but we run it with a lot of records, after approximately a quarter of hour on AS/400 appears a message about cursor "Cursor not Open".
After that moment the message always appears when the system made an SQL. (the preent screen of the message on AS/400).
I tried to active logs on AS/400 but the only thinghs that I noticed is that there are two jdeCloseCursor without the jdeOpenCursor so the system show that message on AS/400.
But there is no reason of that jdeCloseCursor.
I thought about cursor size. Maybe there is a limit of cursor after that the system shows that error.
Anyone knows how can I set this parameter?
I tried to put on jde.ini under
[DB CACHE INFORMATION]
Maximum Request Cache =9999
CACHE_UseCache=1
CACHE_MaximumNodes=50
but without result
Does anyone know something about cursors?
I have got this problem only with Sales Update.
Thank you in advance
Ciao Caterina
[email protected]

One World Release 810 8.94_MI
OS400 Release 5.2
confused.gif

Attachments

• 105221-doc2.doc
    59.5 KB · Views: 95
Caterina,

What do the jde logs say ? Do you have any custom business functions that are being called in the R42800 ?

I believe the maximum number of open cursors for any cache is 100. That number may be getting exceeded. This can happen if some of the open cursors may not be getting closed properly (API: jdeCacheCloseCursor)

Shailesh

Were you able to resolve this issue? We're also having the same problem with R42800. It seems to happen only when it's processing a certain amount of orders.

Thanks,
Omar

Back