Location of B7333SYS?

rhunt01

Well Known Member
I just want to confirm (since I'm not an AS400 pro) the location of my B7333SYS info. I have the following path, /QSYS.LIB/B7333SYS.LIB which contains 2.35 GB of various program files, etc. It's my understanding that this is my true B7333SYS info.

I'm trying to remove superfluous data and during my audit I found /QSYS.LIB/QGPL/B7333SYS.FILE (which shows up as a save file) which is 2.24GB and shows a creation and last changed date of 5/15/2003.

I think this is likely a backup file some one created 3 years ago when we upgraded our AS400 install to a new machine.

However, since I'm not completely familiar with AS400 and how it uses different file systems (for instance - why is there also a B7333SYS on the root file system???), I wanted to give someone the chance to stay "DONT DELETE THAT!!!"

Thanks in advance.

Ryan

The save file can be deleted. The /QSYS.LIB/B7333SYS.LIB is your true library. You can also do a wrklib b7* to see if you have other backups floating around.

Along with the B7333SYS library, you will have the same name existing on your IFS (Integrated File System) off the root. There are also other IFS entries for Xe, one for each path code for example, one for logs, package information, etc. Do not delete the IFS entries, the software uses both the regular libraries and the IFS.

MagarG, I'm hoping you can help me out again.

In QGPL, there are a TON of physical files that begin with a "U". A couple examples are "U1019277.FILE", and "U1019279.FILE". Each file contains members with names: DSTMPL.MBR, GBRLINK.MBR, GBRSPEC.MBR, RDASPEC.MBR, RDATEXT.MBR.

Can you (or someone else) identify these physical files for me. Some are several years old.

Thanks in advnace.

The U files are temporary files used by UBEs.
We delete them all weekly when OneWorld services are down.
(we tried doing it nightly and the active UBEs didn't like it much).

Sue
Xe SP23J1 iSeries V5R3 Coexistent

The U files are temporary files as Sue said. You may also see some 'T' files out there with some number attached to them which are temporary also.

Back