Blade Technologies and Xe Enterprise Servers

nervull

Has anyone had any experience with Blade/SAN technology in reference to an Windows Xe Enterprise server? We are looking to go that route and would like to get some feedback.

Thanks

Hi,

Yep... had some experience on E810 and Xe on Windows Blades
What kind of info are you looking for?

Do you see any degradation in speed or processing from a stand alone
server? I need to be more specific, this server is more of a batch
processing server. Doing nothing but running UBEs.

Re: RE: Blade Technologies and Xe Enterprise Servers

Hi,

Haven't had no problems at all.

For a JDE enterprise server on a blade, I would be curious for the reasons, justifying the choice. Space shortage, rack problems? Co-location, ASP, a big multiplicity of logic servers in a single space? In the absence of good reasons, the main enterprise server of a typical installation does not belong on a blade.

Re: RE: Blade Technologies and Xe Enterprise Servers

"Haven't had no problems at all. "

Ok Sebastien, what problems HAVE you had?
grin.gif

Hi,
We have moved our ES to Blade/SAN with Widows2003. No problems at all so far.

I am still curious for the reasons people and companies (other than application server providers in an expensive co-location facility or labs..) choose or have chosen so.
How many enterprise servers, what clustering and failover plociy, batch vs. CO kernel for thin/web clients.. purpose of the servers, what space or network "density" requirements, etc. What would drive the decision to put this particular piece of the JDE architechture on a blade? How common is it? Other choices (web servers, terminal servers) are an obvious choice, but I am sort of curious about this one.

Does anyone put the database server on a blade in the same enclosure? Anyone willing to share the busines reasons (or their one-big-box vs failover multiplicity philosophy) and the scale of the operations that shapes the choice?

Back