E811 SP1 Webserver installation

Edspec

Hello All

Is Anyone able to help with a strange issue with a Webserver installation. As per the documentation I have added a section to the httpd.conf file This is the section I have added

Listen 81
NameVirtualHost PAYUPGJAS:81

<VirtualHost PAYUPGJAS:81>
Alias /jde "C:\Program
Files\WebSphere\AppServer\installedApps\PAYUPGJAS\EA_JS_81.ear\webclient.war"

</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost PAYUPGJAS.xxx.co.uk:81>
Alias /jde "C:\Program

</VirtualHost>

<Directory "C:\Program
Files\WebSphere\AppServer\installedApps\PAYUPGJAS\EA_JS_81.ear\webclient.war\
WEB-INF">
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from All
</Directory>

<Directory "C:\Program
>
Order Deny,Allow
Allow from All
</Directory>

With the additions in place the service starts and then stops. Any one have any ideas

Regards

John

Enterprise 1 E811 SP1 SQL Server 200
Websphere 5.0.0.2

Hi,

That usually means there's some kind of typing error
on your httpd.conf

Typically :

1. Alias /jde "C:\Program..." has to be in a single line,
no breaks or Enter in between
2. The same for the <Directory> section

Regards, Sebastian

Sebastian

Thank your. You are absoulutly correct.I have made the sugested changes and my Service now starts and stays up.
However
The startServer command is my next issue

startServer AS_JS_81_PAYUPGJAS
fails with a "NoServerdefinedExeption " error

Any thoughts?

Regards

John

Hello Sebastian
Thank you for your help with this. You are quite correct. I have now made sure that all commands are on there own line with no line feeds or Enter's The service now starts up fine.

Which brings up the next issue. The startserver AS_JS_81 payupdjas command fails with a

NoServerDefinedException

error message

Any thoughts

John

Is this the name of your server instance? Check by startinig server1, go to the admin console and look in servers. Or, simpler, you can use the
serverStatus
script in the bin directory with the -all option, it will list all defined server instances, their status and spelling.

John, I just installed tools release 8.95_I1 for JAS today and ran into the exact same problem as you. I then found out that the installation no longer added the machine name as part of the server name. So, when I just used "AS_JS_81" without any machine name after it, the services started right up. This is the first that I've see this occur and it happened on all 4 JAS servers that I installed from scratch today.

Hi Guys,
Yes I had the same problem and I quickly found looking at the directories created that it works when you write:
startserver AS_JS_81

there is really infinite amount of errors created in that software...

Back