R43500 (PO print) and third party forms tool - CreateForm

Cathy Wilbur

Well Known Member
Has anyone else had a problem with the R43500 PDF coming out of R43500 into a third party Forms Designer? We use CreateForm to do our forms design and we have had to do some additional coding in our forms software to take care of the page break in R43500 PDF. When R43500 page breaks it displays a blank line so we have to trick our forms pkg so that the same detail does not get displayed twice.

Has anyone else come across problems when encountering this R43500 page break. Do you know if this report is corrected in later releases?

Hello Cathy,

Page breaking has always been a headache for us in Create!form. Especially when the page breaks in the middle of a section. We are not on the latest version of Create!form, so I don't know whether page breaking is handled any better - we will be moving to the latest version when we upgrade to 8.11 later this year. To get around the problem I use alternate sections in Create!form or where appropriate, I write a custom UBE, handling page breaking in the ER code, using group sections, rather than letting the UBE engine do it. For purchase orders I did end up writing a custom UBE for reasons other than the page breaking issues.

I can provide more information on how I use alternate sections or handling page breaking in the ER code if this is what you are are after. All the best for a resolution.

Assuming you are on version 3.0 or higher. I believe all you need to do is to select "Break Auto-size Section and Overflow to the Next Page" check box under the Repagination tab in Section Properties. Else, you may select the child section and select "keep with" check box.

Back