Crystal Reports ODBC Data Source Log-on

dlsesler

We have a small group of users who recently began to use Crystal Reports 10 to create reports using E1-8.9. Our EnterpriseOne is hosted on an AS400 and uses DB2 for its database. As a developer, I have created some basic reports to serve as templates for the others to use in creating their own reports.

The problem I am having is that when the other users refresh data in these reports, as well as in any that have been created using one my reports as a basis, they are being prompted for a user ID and password and my user ID appears by default in that field. Users are ignoring the ID the first time they attempt to log on, only recognizing the problem upon receipt of the inevitable error message – they then successfully log in using the correct user ID. After a couple of these, my user ID is disabled for too many invalid log-on attempts and has to be reset.

Is there any way in Crystal to have a report data window appear with a blank user ID entry, or a “dummy” one?

After re-reading your post I think I mis-understood your question.
I don't have a good answer for you. What we do is use a common db account with a simple ID and Password for non-sensitive data access, something like: bs, bs. We've never had a problem with 15+ users doing report design screwing that up.

If they don't need report design capability - just run a report someone else created - then one of the viewers is a better and cheaper way to go.

Regards,

Back