ESU won't run in Deployment Server

sungoku

ESU won\'t run in Deployment Server

The JDE is 8.9 with SQL Server as Database. Deployment Server is on Windows 2003 Server SP1. Tried to apply an ESU recently to fix an application issue. When the ESU's setup.exe was run, it hang at the progress bar of 0%. Tried downloading another ESU and same problem occurs. Tried bouncing the server and the same problem occurs. ESU's were successfully applied last in Q3 of 2005. Could anyone share some suggestions on where else I could possibly check to solve the problem? BTW, I also tried installing a simple software such as WinZip to the Deployment Server and it installed successfully.

Re: ESU won\'t run in Deployment Server

Well from Q3 05 to now what changed on your deployment server, how many windows patches were applied, were they reviewed by you before they were applied.

There are some windows patches being applied between Q3 2005 till now. And I am not the one who have applied these. So your suspect is that it's something in the operating system level that caused the JDE to fail in the ESU setup screen?

I had the same thoughts. My first problem isolation was to try installing a small application such as WinZip to test if the problem occurs for all software to be installed to the Deployment server. However, the Deployment server passed the Winzip test. So I proceeded with downloading another ESU and try it. This experiment somehow tells me that it's limited to JDE, not system-wide. But I will not rule out yet the Windows patches. FYI, the Ent Server is also Windows 2003 with the same list of Windows patches applied, and so far so good.

Do you have a suggestion as to where else I should check?

Thanks for your reply.

Is there anything in your deployment server jde.log that might indicate the problem? Also, have you applied any new Tools Release? Are you trying to unsuccessfully to apply to DV9? Can you apply to any other path codes?

Hi,

So far I can't find any problems as far as JDE.LOG is concerned. The problem I encountered was before the phase where I would sign-in to JDEPLAN and apply the ESU per path code. The problem I encountered was during the SETUP scree of the ESU. It hangs right after clicking the FINISH button with the progress bar pegged at 0%. I tried applying another ESU and same problem occurs.

Thanks for your reply
Byron

Hi,

this may not be the answer but it sounds similar to the "good old days" when users on fat clients used to get most of the way through a package deployment and then get an error message at the end.

You may want to investigate the following:-

Have you got OWDeveloper=TRUE in the [DEBUG] section of your deployment server jde.ini (as required because you are on Windows 2003) and also when you run the executable are you doing so with a user that has rights to the registry and in particular the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JDEdwards. You may want to review the registry and see if the ESU details are in the install.ini section beneath that key. If not that is your problem.

To give permissions use regedt32 from the run menu and not regedit. The rest should be self explanatory after that.

Back