"jde/servlet/html.login" in 8.95

OJDE

\"jde/servlet/html.login\" in 8.95

Hello,
"jde/servlet/html.login" used to be the documented default path to add to the machine and port name to construct the default URL reference to a JAS server in many places in 8.94.
For example: in Primary JAS server in Machine Identification, in the [JAS PREFERENCE] section of an ES jde.ini, and several others. I guess these are used to construct URLs, sending email shortcuts to an application, drill-down hyperlinks in reports, by the ProxyTargetServer stanzas of a "portal provider's" jas.ini to get UBE output, etc.

It seems that with the implementation of MAF, in 8.95, these default URL/servlet pointers are no longer correct, or need to be changed to something else (jde/*.maflet?).

Does anyone know where and what we need to change in 8.95 to make these JAS server references valid?

Thanks.

Re: \"jde/servlet/html.login\" in 8.95

You should be able to open /jde/index.jsp - it contains a forward to the maflet page. Also, I believe there is an index.html file under /jde/owhtml that can be opened as well.

Hi OJDE,

As far as I know the information in the Machine Identification app for the JAS server is purely informational. I've added web servers and never even added a record in that app. For example, at my company there isn't a record for our test web server, and it works just fine. :) I don't have an entry for my database server either.

Andrew

Andrew, I agree, most things work fine without the Machine Identification record and with a wrong [JAS PREFERENCE] stanza. But can your users send shortcuts to an application or use the PrintQue portlet? Do you use drill-down in financial reports that can lead back to the appplications?

And, PBRoberts, yes I know of these pages and the forwards to E1Menu.maf for users pointing their initial browser requests, that's not my issue... This line is supposed to be for self-referential processes that want to talk to a specific servlet, I think. Thanks.

Back