Error # 106 on deployment of packages

Robert Robinson

Robert Robinson

Reputable Poster
This is perplexing -

We last ran package builds for all 3 of our 810 environments in January with no issues. I attempted to build and deploy an update package last week. The package built fine, but when I tried to deploy to our AS/400, I received the following error on the R98825D UBE:

106 - Path Code Not Defined for Development Server.

I then tried to run a full package - again, it built fine - but when I deployed, same error. I then repeated this for all of our environments with the same results.

I then reviewed the prior postings out here, and noted that I should check the P9654A. When I did, I found that the screen was blank in the deployment environment of the deployment server. I then reviewed the P9654A in the Planner Environment of the deployment server; all of the machines (including the deployment server) DO appear here (in fact, this is the only place where I can see the machines - in the past, I could view them from any client).

Has anyone encountered this? If so, how did you bring back the P9654A information? And, did this solve the package deployment error?

Robert

In P9654A, did you check the environments for your enterprise servers?

Patty

That's what is weird...if you go into the planner environment, the P9654A screen is populated with machines...log on to the same machine in another environment, the machines can NOT be seen in the P9654A screen...I believe this is the nut of the issue; I just do not know how to get the contents of the P9654A to reappear on machines other than the deployment server, in the planner environment! HEEEEEEEELP....

Robert

The tables used by P9654A are F9650,F9651,F9652,F9653,F9654. When you are in the planner environment you are viewing these tables one the MSDE database on you deployment server. All other environments are pointing to the tables in your System - 811 data source. Query these tables in your Sytems database (SY811 Library) to determine if any records exits. If not you can enter the records manually or use table copy to copy them from your planner data source to you systems data source. The Machine Master (F9650) and Machine Detail (F9651) are normally populate when you finalize your installation plan.

Thanks for that.
This spins off a myriad of questions, like, how could this have happened? A corrupt table? Something get deleted?

How can you enter the records manually? I tried a DFU, but since this data is in the Sys810 directory, direct entry does not seem possible...

I can run an installation plan to update the machines only? Just want to make sure before I try it...

BTW...

Actually, when I utb these tables (P00941, P9650-P9654), I see that they are properly populated. Weird...

Re: Error # 106 on deployment of packages - Please try this

Pull up the F9654 table in UTB. Please verify that the DLLOCCDE and the DLPARLOC entries are BLANK. If not, make a backup of the table (copy it to an alternate datasource will be fine), and then blank out the DLLOCCDE and DLPARLOC entries using SQL.

Let me know if this worked.

Back