HTML Password Changes not taking

Jay Paff

Hi all,

Running XE SP23-F1 and WAS 5.0.2. We have B98WPWD mapped to the Enterprise server (iSeries) which is also our security server.

Well after searching the posts, I didn't see what I am looking for. Users are being given a grace prompt in html indicating that their passwords will expire in 5 days. They change their password, sign-in and work and then sign-out of XE. When they try to sign back in, the new password doesn't work, but the old password does. If the user waits 20 minutes to an hour, then the new password works. I believe this is a cache issue in the JAS.INI. I suspect it is either UserSession or ResultSet, but I am not sure. Anyone else have a similar issue or any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Your caching assumption is correct. The theory is, after changing the password, a user would continue to use the system for a time period. It is a training/process issue. Remember, on a fat client, every time you log in you read in the system information. On a JAS server, it is only read in at startup, after an administrative clear cache, or after the expiration of the timer for things like security.

Back