Interesting UTB issue

Jaise James

Reputable Poster
Hi All,

We are on e810 ( wintel/SQL platform). We recently change our IP address thourogh out the company. After that We started noticing a weird issue.

When you launch the UTB from citrix, and click to open the table, it stays hung for few minute and ultimately crashed. It works fine when you are logged in to the machine thru terminal server or on the console.

I further investigated and found that the problem is happenig b.c when you launch UTB, th eprocess UTbrowser.exe is taking time to completely load in memory. So if you wait for lets say two minute and then open the table it works fine.

Has any one noticed this sort of behaviour. Any idea where I can look to resolve this issue.

We have this behavior on Terminal Server under 8.9 in the last couple months. No IP changes though. I'll try waiting a few minutes as you suggest before opening a table to see if that corrects issue.

Thx,

I have noticed this behaviour from both TS clients and Fat Clients since 8.9. The technique of waiting 5 or 10 seconds before opening your first table seems to work consistently. I think the solution is probably something that requires Oracle to code into UTB. I figure they are executing code in the open button that references something that is not yet loaded.

This has only started to happen now.. After the IP change. we have been live for over a year and UTB get utilised daily . We never had the problem. It just started now. So I am suspecting this is due to IP change. One thing I noticed is when you use console to log into trm it works fine.

FOund a solution for UTB

I tried few things to troubleshoot the issue. One commonality, which is happening is when a network user logs in , the UTB is slow. However if a non-network user (local user account) logs in, UTB is normal. In order for UTB, to not to look for any thing on the network, I created a new KEY just of UTB.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Terminal Server\Compatibility\Applications\UTBrowse

With this, UTB is workign fine now

Re: FOund a solution for UTB

Many thanks, this solution has resolved the UTB issue.

I tried few things to troubleshoot the issue. One commonality, which is hap pening is when a network user logs in , the UTB is slow. However if a non-n etwork user (local user account) logs in, UTB is normal. In order for UTB, to not to look for any thing on the network, I created a new KEY just of UT B.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Terminal Se rver\Compatibility\Applications\UTBrowse

With this, UTB is workign fine now

Back