Websphere Fixpacks Install

DJH

Hi List

I am currently struggling to get Websphere installed up to the required level. I have installed WAS 5.02 + pme and also WAS 5.02 ND +PME (On the same box). I have been able to install 5.0.12 on both the WAS Base and ND Base. When I try to install Fix pack 5.0.2.6 on the pme it says it is missing prerequisites. I can find no further details in logs etc. Anyone know what prerequisite it requires? Thanks in advance for any help... I have reinstalled and rebooted so many times it is driving me mad!

This gotcha by IBM is even better than any the JDE could devise.

Basically you have to install WAS 5.0.2.6 to the base first, then you can install 5.0.2.6 to the PME then you can install 5.0.2.12 to the base.

So download 5.0.2.6 from IBM.

It is archived so you need to follow the instructions at the following web site http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=180&uid=swg21199845 to be able to get it.

I had the same issue on a recent W2K3 install and had to uninstall fixpack 12 and install fixpack 9 to Base on top of fixpack 6. Then it let me put on PME fixpack 6. After that, you can go up to fixpack 12 on base.

We don't have ND, so I hope that it works the same for you with ND.

You can circumvent the problem by manually editing the version file - set the base in the file to 5.0.2.6, install the fix pack, then change it back to 5.0.2.12
It will be in something like: D:\WebSphere\AppServer\properties\version\BASE.product

You need to take WAS BASE and WAS ND BASE to 5.0.2.6. Then take WAS PME BASE to 5.0.2.6 and WAS PME ND to 5.0.2.6.

Once EVERYTHING is at 5.0.2.6 then and only then can you take WAS BASE and WAS ND to 5.0.2.12.

Also remember to update the JDK to JDK_SR8.

Colin

Hi DJH,
Its a known issue on IBM site, where the PME reads 5.0.2.12 as error.
the only way to resolve it is to change the version of websphere application server to 5.0.2.9 or less in "base.product" file and then try and install 5.0.2.6 pme.
Once it has been installed change the version in "base.product" to 5.0.2.12

Thanks everyone, as soon as I applied 5.0.2.6 first it allowed me to put the pme fp on, then updating the base or nd to 5.0.2.12 worked too.
Didnt try changing the base.product file but will do it that way next time.

Back