How to Re-create SY810 without Backup

kaizenx2001

Ok. We have lost our SY810 library and have no backup. Has anybody recreated it from the deployment server planner databases? All files in SY810 have been cleared for sure and there is no backup any place. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Wow....Is this on a live system? or are you just installing....?

The only way I can think of since there is no backups will be to re-install...maybe someone has an alternate method.

This is actually an upgrade. I know there has to be a way. Without going thru all the upgrade all over again. Thands for the info.

I don't like to laugh at anyone's pain, but my goodness. As a great pre-med student before me said "my advice to you is to start drinking heavily".

The only way I can possibly think of an out, is if you have transaction logs/journals from the beginning of time (not sure what DB platform you are on). Then you MIGHT, we're talking being in McGyver territory here, you might be able to reinstall and then rebuild.

Hopefully the previous poster was correct in assuming that since you don't have any backups, this is a new install, in which case you either want to scratch and restart, or if on the iSeries, reinstall the system library from the install menu. I wouldn't bother with the planner to system mess.

I'm really hoping for you, the situation is the latter.

I will enjoy the creative ideas that I'm sure this post will generate.

[ QUOTE ]
Ok. We have lost our SY810 library and have no backup. Has anybody recreated it from the deployment server planner databases? All files in SY810 have been cleared for sure and there is no backup any place. Any suggestions?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch - no backup? did you guys hire the same hacker that Bulldog has at his shop?

This is just an upgrade. What happened is during the upgrade we ran into a very strange issue that we were the first to uncover. Thus during a Month of troubleshooting we finally were able to resolve in the meantime the SY810 libary got whacked some how. I really did not want to start over.

So it is time for some fixing. We shall see I will keep you posted.

Run R98403 from deployment and copy the data from your planner...
You then need to setup users, roles, security, etc...

That is what I was trying to do. Here is what I did so far:

- Create a new plan and only run System info
- Ran R98403 and copied Planner - 810 to System - 810 only adding records
- Ran R98403 and copied System Local to System - 810 only adding records.

Is that what you were thinking? Do you think that should get everything or my other options was.

- Run R98403 and use PSFTPLAN environment to System - 810

Hi,

If I were you (and this is just my humble opinion), I
would create a new plan and run the installation
workbench from scratch, that way you'll have a clean
SY810 library.

Regards,

Yes. I tried that but it seemed to be missing info like F00921 data and other things. Any suggestions?

The best fix so far looks like running R98403 and copying Planner - 810 to System - 810. I'll let you know how this works.

Back