J.D. Edwards software security feature has been invoked

rage

rage

Hi,
We had a data refresh in most of the JDE files, F0003, F0001, F0005, F4201, F4211 etc...yesterday on one of our systems. After that, we are unable to logon to the system.

Whenever anyone tries to logon to the system, it throws this message...I am pasting the screen dump
The J.D. Edwards software security feature has been invoked. This feature
protects the software from being used without proper authorization from J.D.
Edwards. The error code shown below indicates the reason for invocation of the
security feature: 1 Encoding Program 2 Expiration Date Invalid
3 Expired Software Authorization
4 Software Password Invalid
5 QJDF Data Area Not Found or in Error
6 Date Edit Routine Error
7 Hardware Model Upgrade

Error message is - 3 Expired Software Authorization ...which is obviously not the REASON!
frown.gif
<font color="blue"> </font>
And the users have already raised an Ops Call...It's not even letting me in through telnet, so I really have to come up with some ideas before I can ask ops to change something...and i have racked my head but come up with nuthin!
confused.gif

S.O.S
Please, do any of you have an idea why this might be happening? And do let me know if you have any ideas on where I should've been looking.

Any and every idea is worth it!!!

Thanks for all your help in advance!
rage

My immediate inclination would be that the QJDF data area had been effected. Can you check that the code expiry date (position 496) and the library name definitions are correct, for QJDF in your security library.

Call Oracle support...we had something like this after reloadind JDE to a new box. It's a program that has to be run under QSECOFR authority with no one in JDE and it reset something.

Sorry for being so vague but it happened, it was fixed, and I moved on.

Back