Send OW jobs for a specific USERID directly to print queue using OW scheduler

Cathy Wilbur

Well Known Member
How do I go about sending OW jobs from the WSJ queue directly to the print queue using job scheduler. I want to set up a job in the OW scheduler to release all the jobs in the queue for a specific user to be printed at a specific time. See attached document - want all the jobs to automatically go to the job queue so was going to set up an overnight job to force any jobs for this user to go to the job queue. Does anyone have an idea how to do this WITHOUT WRITING ANY API'S to do this.

Attachments

• 103454-How to send JDE userid obs directly to print queue.jpg
    103454-How to send JDE userid obs directly to print queue.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 122
Cathy,

Take a look at Tidal Scheduler from Tidalsoftware. Their url is www.tidalsoftware.com. We have used their software for almost two years. We can do what you described and MUCH MUCH more. Here is an excerpt from my next JDEtips Journal article that describes what we can do with Tidal:

"Dear Mr. Solution Explorer Guy,

We are very frustrated with the limitations of the internal scheduling capabilities of EnterpriseOne. We would love to be able to set dependencies between jobs, but it doesn’t do that. Can you make any recommendations?

- Frustrated in Fredonia

Dear Frustrated,

I feel your pain. We went through the same frustrations. We started to look for a third party solution for that, but couldn’t justify the cost. During our last project, the wish list grew, now the users wanted a tool that not only could look for dependencies, but also run jobs from systems outside of JDE. We found our tool from Tidal Software.

Tidal Scheduler software allows us to schedule very sophisticated streams of jobs within JDE. We can control by date, day of the week, account for holidays, month end closing and any other variable. We can set dependencies so that if a job fails it will send out notifications by email and sms for immediate attention. If you choose, you can halt subsequent jobs in a stream if a certain job fails. For example, if your sales posting jobs did not run, there is no need to run jobs to create invoices or run AR reports.

The feature that really sold us was how Tidal could schedule jobs from third party systems too. We use Tidal to run our Cognos reports, Webmethods jobs, FTP moves and so much more. And the really cool part is that you can blend all of those jobs together in one big process. Let’s use our nightly sales process as an example......" {I would continue, but then you wouldn't subscribe to JDEtips
grin.gif
}

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America
Praxair, Inc.

Cathy,

In addition to the suggestions already made, you might be able to write a fairly simple UBE to print all the jobs in the WSJ for a particular user by making use of the SendPrintRequest business function (B986162B). This is the business function used when you print a job from within WSJ. You could then have a different version for each user and submit the job to run at the time required on the JDE E1 scheduler.

I ended up writing Unix script to do the job. I used the unix find, cp, mv, and lpr commands. We wanted to backup the output to another directory, send the output to another queue, then remove the output from the PrintQueue directory. I had to hardcode the script to look for specific types of job names (ie. "R5509IN*") because I could not get at the userid from OW.

It turns out that this userid is only used to submit our G/L and A/P interfaces so we have an idea on the types of jobs that would be submitted. The unix script is submitted as a cron job.

On the OW ERP 8.0 side I schedule reports R98611001/R9861102 to run nightly to delete entries from the F986110 for the specific userid.

Back