Has to re bounce JDE services after WinNT reboot

Alex Sh.

Hi,
Did anybody have such situation?

Reports are not processing after Windows server reboot. The JDE Network and Queue services are shown as started, however UBE's stay there in the waiting status. So I go to Control Panel, stop Queue and Network services, then start them back and UBE's are starting to process.
Did anybody have such issues? Any ideas will be welcome.

Regards, Alex

WinNT, XE, DB2

Possible Issue: If your JDE Queue is starting before your JDE Network has finished starting, your JDE Queue will probably not work properly. You may have to add the JDE Network as a dependency in the JDE Queue setup to prevent this from happening.

Stop JDE Services. Make sure they stop clean. If necessary, set the JDE services to manual and reboot the machine to
ensure they are stopped when you uninstall them

1. Uninstall jdesque
cd jdedwardsoneworld\ddp\b733x\system\bin32
jdesque -u

2. Uninstall jdesnet
jdesnet -u

3. Reboot

4. Reinstall jdesnet
jdesnet -i -d"MSSQLSERVER"
or
jdesnet -i -d"DB2"

5. Reinstall jdesque
jdesque -i -d"JDE Update 4 B733 Network"

6. Set JDE Network to start automatically

7. Set JDE Queue to start automatically

8. *** Reset both Services' Passwords ***

9. To test:
Stop all three services- Queue then Network then RDBMS
Start the Queue and it should start the RDBMS and the Network before starting

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,
Did anybody have such situation?

Reports are not processing after Windows server reboot. The JDE Network and Queue services are shown as started, however UBE's stay there in the waiting status. So I go to Control Panel, stop Queue and Network services, then start them back and UBE's are starting to process.
Did anybody have such issues? Any ideas will be welcome.

Regards, Alex

WinNT, XE, DB2

[/ QUOTE ]

One more point: I have seen it frequently, that the RDBMS reports successful startup _before_ it's actually finished (both MS SQL and Oracle, probably, other do this too), hence this chain of services would fail anyway: JDE tries to connect to a still starting up server and fails.

I am under impression, that the latest service packs actually retry the connection a few times, so this may no longer be an issue.

If it still is, I have been using a couple of proprietary Windows services, that do nothing, but waste 10 or 30 seconds waiting, to place in the chain between the RDBMS and JDE services.

If interested, I can provide these services and the installation advice free - just e-mail me directly for this.

Another option is to have the JDE services set to "Manual". Create a batch file that waits 60 seconds or more then starts the Network services, waits another 60 seconds then starts the queue services. Schedule this task using the (Start | Program Files | Accessories | System Tools Scheduled Tasks) to start on "Server Start Up". This way the DBMS should be fully up and all the JDE network services up before the queue services. Here's my script for 811 SP1 on Windows (only network services no queue services so you'll have to modify it):
sleep.exe and now.exe are in the Windows Resource Kit.

@echo off
cls
echo JDEdwards Services Start Up.
echo Created April 17, 2000: Colin Dawes
echo Modified July 06, 2003: Colin Dawes
echo Starting JDEdwards Services
echo.

SET LOGDIR=D:\PeopleSoft\E811\DDP\Log
SET LOGFILE=%LOGDIR%\jdestart.log

echo ************************************** >> %LOGFILE%

REM JDEdwards Network Services Start Up
:JDENET
echo Waiting 3 Minutes Before Starting JDEdwards Network Services
echo Start JDEdwards Network Services: >> %LOGFILE%
%BATCHDIR%\sleep.exe 180
now >> %LOGFILE%
net start "PSFT E811" >> %LOGFILE%
if errorlevel==1 goto ERROR
echo. >> %LOGFILE%

:EXIT
echo.>>%LOGFILE%
echo *********** STARTUP COMPLETED ************>>%LOGFILE%
echo.>>%LOGFILE%

I resolved the issue.
The problem was caused by the late database backup. When the JDE services started, the DB wasn't up yet.
So I changed the time of restart and it resolved the problem.
Thanks to everybody for your help.

Regards, Alex

Back