eCompresent questions

gopalm

Hi

I am fairly new to eCompresent applications and I am trying to find out how the eCompresent save output files and name them.

We are generating Invoices from Oracle erp using OPTIO and we notice that the output gets saved on the OPTIO machine within a directory with yyyymmdd format with some funky control number and a .tmp extension. Eg: content_55825.tmp

Is there any way to rename these files to actually have Invoice number as part of the file, and to use .pdf as extensions instead, so that it makes sense and can be open from file server directly?

Also, is there a link between the Invoice number within the file and the file name? How does eCompresent know which file to launch when we do a search in it for a particular Invoice number? Is there any mapping table stored? Where?

What dababase does the eCompresent use internally?

Your quick response would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

ECP uses CAF files and indexes based on data tags inserted into output. You would not need to change the file to be an invoice number just add a data tag for this index on the output going into ECP. Create a view for users/customers in ECP to access documents (Invoices). There is no link between data tags and file names (your case = invoice number is index1). You can have multiple indexes. Internal architecture is a proprietary CAF file structure used to maintain indexes. No database…

I see your requirements as:
1.) Needing to search on the invoice number index.
2.) Printing the selected PDF based on invoice number.

No need to hack ECP files for these requirements…

Back