System Administrator undeliverable mail.

SULLY1

VIP Member
Everytime I post I get an e-mail from the System Administrator that my message is undeliverable. I guess this comes from a lister that has e-mail notification turned on. It looks like it's someone from Qsoftware. Is there a way to identify who this is coming from and get them to stop? Below is the contents of the e-mail. Thanks.

Patty
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: F0092 records disappearing
Sent: 1/26/2006 10:04 AM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

[email protected] on 1/26/2006 10:13 AM
The destination server for this recipient could not be found in Domain Name Service (DNS). Please verify the email address and retry. If that fails, contact your administrator.
<qsoftware.com #5.4.0>

I also have been getting the same message for a few weeks but for every post or reply post.
This what I got today:-

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

[email protected]

The details.txt attachment shows:-

Reporting-MTA: dns;qsoftware.com
Received-From-MTA: dns;qsoftware.com
Arrival-Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 03:08:01 +0000

Final-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected]
Action: failed

There is a poster on the list who has "qsoftware" in his email address

Took a while to track down - I knew there was someone posting recently who had qsoftware in their email address.

The Lister is owen@Qsoftware

His signature title is:
Owen Pay
Security Consultant
Q Software Global Limited
[email protected]

Of course this may be all concidental - might not have anything to do with him.

I modified the script to drop the messages containing "Delivery Status Notification" in the body. I've also sent the user a email regarding the notifications.

I think you guys got to the root of the problem. I've made a few posts in the last couple of days and have not received the undeliverable e-mail. Well done.

Now if we could stop the ooto messages. "I'm on holiday and so and so is my backup" Then they give out the phone number. I bet the head hunters and marketer just love that.

Another one of my not so favorites is e-mail saying that I'm spamming them! The nerve. I've gotten 4 recently from [email protected]. saying his spam sleuth foiled my e-mail.

Okay I'm done crabbing.

Patty

Eric,

The "undeliverable mail" problem has not happened to me since I response posted to the message from "SULLY1".

Has Owen Pay resubscribed in the meantime?

I have seen a few OoTO messages but I don't keep them in my 'history' files so I can't state the dates they came in nor the poster's id.

Eric

I haven't gotten one of those undeliverable from system admin in a while. Thanks.

Patty

Eric

I starting to get these System Adminstration e-mails again.

our message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: Windows runube with error checking and e-mail
Sent: 2/21/2006 12:33 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

[email protected] on 2/21/2006 12:42 PM
The destination server for this recipient could not be found in Domain Name Service (DNS). Please verify the email address and retry. If that fails, contact your administrator.
<qsoftware.com #5.4.0>

Patty

I did, yesterday I got 2:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

[email protected]

and :
I am currently on annual leave till Monday 15th May. If you have any JDE problems please log them with your Service Desks (and get the call placed in the Infra system) otherwise I will deal with all other requests on Monday 15th May when I return.

This message and its attachments may contain legally privileged or confidential information. It is intended solely for the named addressee. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to the addressee), you may not copy or deliver this message or its attachments to anyone. Rather, you should permanently delete this message and its attachments and kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail. Any content of this message and its attachments which does not relate to the official business of the sending company must be taken not to have been sent or endorsed by that company or any of its related entities. No warranty is made that the e-mail or attachment(s) are free from computer virus or other defect.

Back