SOX and JDE user profile

Val Olds

We've been asked by internal audit to provide a list of when JDE user profiles were last changed/added/deleted (such as changing their group profile or initial menu) and by whom. In looking at F0092, there doesn't appear to be the standard USER/PID/JOBN/UPMJ/UPMT fields from which we could glean some of this data and I'm not aware of an "audit" file (other than the journals themselves - which would be a daunting task to pour through) either.
Has anyone encountered this type of request, or have a solution as to how we can audit our profile changes?

Val,
I realise that it is nearly a year since this post, but I thought I would answer it as I have a suggestion. The AS/400 has a comprehensive auditing facility that allows you to use Journaling to store audited data, so it is a relatively low overhead.
You set up auditing via a system Value (QAUDJRN) and then you can use the CHGOBJAUD command to set up auditing on individual objects, like the F0092. You will have to create a Journal/Journal Receiver to store these changes (called QAUDJRN as well), but this can be done from the SECTOOLS menu.

I'm sure this is all too late but hope it helps

Back