Problem with program processing

skorek

Well Known Member
Hi girls and guys

I have a problem with fiscal printer - the receipt not prints (when I call
program (modules RPGLE and C) in normal way - in batch).
What the stranger - when I call the same program in debug session - receipt
is printing excellent!!!
So it is problem rather with processing program than with printer. Do you
have any idea why in batch doesn't work and in interactive session work?
What could be a solution for this fault?

Regards

Tomasz Skorza

Which output queue is the report going to for the batch report? Probably it is going to an output queue that is not assigned to a printer. Use WRKJOB on the batch job after it has finished running, use option 4 to view reports and look at the output queue.

Hi

Any output queue, string (string which "say" fiscal print what should be printed plus special codes) for fiscal printer are directly send to IP/port using C function.

Regards

If you are using World Software, it is using a mixture of User Setup, plus Dreamwriter overrides, plus the AS/400 job description to determine where the report should be printing, not a C function. An interactive job, like your debug job determines the printer a different way than your batch job.

If the batch job is producing a report, and the report is not printing, then the batch job will stay on the system until that report is deleted or printed, so you can use option 34 or WRKSBMJOB or WRKJOB to look at the job and see where the report was overridden to.

So first off, you said that the batch job did not print on the fiscal printer, is the batch job still on the system so that you can look at it, or the batch job disappearing after it completes?

If the batch job disappears after it is finished running, then either the spool file is not getting generated or that print out is printing on another printer.

No Jean, trust me.

I not use any JDE (greate) software to print on this fiscal printer.
I sending string, like:

1$h

1$lPOIDŁO..1A/549.00/549.00/

0;3;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;1;0$yDRUFI1 MAGDAJ 2114 DNI - PRZ
ELEW549.00/0/0/0/549.00/0/

to the IP address which determine fiscal printer.
And printer using alphanumeric chars and special chars printing receipt (or rather should print).

Regards

Tomasz Skorza

so what you are saying is that this is custom code, not World software.

What is happening to the batch job once it is finished running. Does it remain on the system in status OUTQ or does it disappear?

Yes, that's why I posted it in general forum :)

To be a precise the process is following:

Batch - JDE - program to print invoice is calling.
And this program calls RPGLE (with C module) program which print receipt.

Well ...

I just checked also one thing, we have an RPG program (subfile list) which list of receipts. ANd I can call printing interactively.

And the result is:

when I call/try print it whitout debug - doesn't print.
with debug - print!!!

Both interactive session!

Well ...

You don't believe me :)

The solution is time!

printer receive string in following orders
header
line1
line2
line3 etc
footer

and it doesn't work

when I changed it in this way

header
dlyjob(1)
line1
dlyjob(1)
line2
dlyjob(1)
line3 etc
dlyjob(1)
footer

it's works!

To tell the truth it is the first time when too much faster operations system/computers is really problem :)
Well ... the World driving to ... do you know the answer?

Regards

In the cl or rpg program before you open the printer file, do an OVRPRTF with the SPOOL(*YES) option. this will hold all output until the job is complete and then release it to the printer. That's probably why the batch job is not printing, it cannot allocate the printer.

Back