can CreateForm use pdf properties?

Shrikanthn

Well Known Member
hi list, when we print multiple copies of a report using JDE runtime selection a variable is found in the resultant pdf file called number of copies. we wanted to use the value of this variable for some additional logic in the form printout using createform. but we are told that createform cannot use values in the pdf properties. Is there any work around that anybody can suggest? help appreciated

best regards

Shrikanthn,

I've just got back from leave, so my reply is a little late. I'm not entirely certain about what you require. However, if you can get the number of copies from the JDE system within the UBE and then print it on the UBE, it will be available for CreateForm to access. Someone else may be able to point you in the right direction as to where to get that information, if it is possible. I modified the application that displays/gets control parameters after a UBE is submitted (eg from batch versions). You may be able to do the same and pick up the number of copies and copy/write it somewhere (eg a UDC) where the UBE can pick it up.

Just some (idle?) thoughts.

thanks for the tip peter. lemme check to see how i can get the number of copies into the UBE.

If you don't have Create!stream already, get the module. Make sure value for number of copies is stored on PDF and then populate numcopy field in the JTT file. You will then the number copies printed per the value stored on the PDF.

Back