Posting rights on special Forums

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Hi,

How does it work, when somebody can her/his first post to place on JDEList and:

#1: Posting to a really unreleated Forum of JDEList (at this point on Downloads)
#2: Starting a subthread under a really unreleated thread and changing the Subject of the original thread (see previous)

while my answer (and repeated answer) does not appear on that thread - meanwhile I also "Notified the moderator" about the wrong placed post?

I am just curious.
Am I moderated too for a while? - No problem.

I beg your pardon, about this issue & and thanks your patience.

Regards,

Zoltán

OK, OK,

I have an assumption, why did it happen this way:

- I notified the moderator
- in my original reply I asked her/him, to move the original issue onto an appropriate board as a main thread and delete my reply
- I suppose, this is in progress as:
--- my original reply already had benn deleted
--- the tranfer is in progress
--- meanwhile all answer on this post are omitted

Am I right?

Regards,

Zoltán

That is correct. We remove the post that advised the user that they posted in the incorrect forum because it makes no sense once it is has been moved to the new forum.

Eric, Zoltán,

In line with the adage that prevention is better than a cure, I believe it would be better to prevent these things from happening in the first place, than to fix up the mess after the fact. I'm not certain how this could be done with posting questions on the wrong/inappropriate forum, but where a thread is being hijacked and the subject renamed, can the system be changed to prevent subject names being changed for replies? Possibly notifying the user/member that he/she has attempted to change the subject and giving them an opportunity to start a new thread instead. The subject of replies, would be the original post subject, prefixed by "Re: " thus also preventing the "Re: Re: Re: Subject Name" that occurs.

I bring this up again as post thread 103641 (Data Selection pulling incorrect values) has been hjacked by post 103653 (Help me providing info regarding Real Time Wrapper BSFN used in Address Book Load) and post thread 103685 (Inbound EDI 850) has been hijacked post 103701 (3 Way Match).

The best that we could do is make the subject line unchangeable on a reply. Of course that won't help with the incoming mailing list messages.

Back