Deployment Server down.

Pearl Jabm

Pearl Jabm

Hi all. Last saturday our Deployment server was down due to a blackout, at least that's was what we thought at first. Then we noticed that two hard disk were alarmed, the raid could not be loaded and the operating system failed to start. We were able to re-build the raid but we still cannot log into Windows, there may be corrupted boot sectos on one of the disks, what we have done is to setup another server as a Deployment but is not a full functional server. We are able to checin/checkout objetcs, deploy packages but we cannot run JDE on that server due to licensing. We are now trying to boot the original deploymnt server is order to copy de B7333 folder and then copy it to the new server so we are not losing changes to objects. But we still have the problem about licensing. So far i havent found anything on Knowledge garden so if you guys have been through this any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

On the new deployment server, can you run spcselfservice.exe which can be downloaded from oracle update center? Then fill the generated codes when you run P98SRV in JDEPLAN in new deployment server. I think you need to name the new deployment server the same as the corruped one.

How did you setup the 2nd deployment server ? Did you run the installation CD ? you need to run the installation CD and then restore your B7333 directory from backup tape.

Pearljabm <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi all. Last saturday our Deployment server was down due to a blackout, at least that's was what we thought at first. Then we noticed that two hard disk were alarmed, the raid could not be loaded and the operating system failed to start. We were able to re-build the raid but we still cannot log into Windows, there may be corrupted boot sectos on one of the disks, what we have done is to setup another server as a Deployment but is not a full functional server. We are able to checin/checkout objetcs, deploy packages but we cannot run JDE on that server due to licensing. We are now trying to boot the original deploymnt server is order to copy de B7333 folder and then copy it to the new server so we are not losing changes to objects. But we still have the problem about licensing. So far i havent found anything on Knowledge garden so if you guys have been through this any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Xe stores the licensing files on the root of the C drive on the Deployment server. Check to see if they exist.

jdeapp*, jdemod*, jdeauth*, and jdesec* specification file and index files. Should be 8 of them.

I would disagree with MagarG on this one. The licences are stored on the Client folder on the DS. If you can somehow get the folder back, i guess u will have all ur licences.

I hjad a similar issue some time back, i had 80 licences .. then i migrated to a new DS, logged a call to Peoplesoft and got 50 Additional licences. The problem was that the new (Migrated) DS -> client folder contained 50 licences and the OLD DS -> Client folder 80 licences .. i was unable to add them
frown.gif

When restoring a Deployment Server, aren't there Registry entries for each
ESU and ASU that you have installed that ALSO needs to be restored so that
the restored system knows at the registry level what has been installed to
the system?

OneWorld CNC <[email protected]>
Sent by: [email protected]
12/06/2005 01:36 PM
Please respond to
JD Edwards=AE EnterpriseOne

To
[email protected]
cc

Subject
Re: Deployment Server down.

How did you setup the 2nd deployment server ? Did you run the installation
CD ? you need to run the installation CD and then restore your B7333
directory from backup tape.

Pearljabm wrote:
Hi all. Last saturday our Deployment server was down due to a blackout, at
least that's was what we thought at first. Then we noticed that two hard
disk were alarmed, the raid could not be loaded and the operating system
failed to start. We were able to re-build the raid but we still cannot log
into Windows, there may be corrupted boot sectos on one of the disks, what
we have done is to setup another server as a Deployment but is not a full
functional server. We are able to checin/checkout objetcs, deploy packages
but we cannot run JDE on that server due to licensing. We are now trying
to boot the original deploymnt server is order to copy de B7333 folder and
then copy it to the new server so we are not losing changes to objects.
But w! e still have the problem about licensing. So far i havent found
anything on Knowledge garden so if you guys have been through this any
help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
Ur right with the ESU registry thing. I guess most of the information is stored on an access database on the deployment server. The registry changes can be replicated by just running the exe ... u dont have to actually go ahead and apply the esu.
I'm attaching a doc on Changing the Deployment server ... maybe it will be of use. All da best

Correct, the ones in the B7333 folder are for the users. I thought they were on the Deployment Server trying to login in which they are stored at root (same for a Development client).

---------------------------------
I would disagree with MagarG on this one. The licences are stored on the Client folder on the DS. If you can somehow get the folder back, i guess u will have all ur licences.
---------------------------------

Thanks all for answering.
I hope to be clearer.

This is what we have done so far.

We had a one week old backup so we copied it into the new server and set the folder name to match exactly with our original Deployment server (D:\JDEdwardsoneworld\b7333).

We recover a copy of jde.ini from a backup. We also run a executable registry script to load the ODBC settings.

This new server was actually a backup server for our Enterprise Server, so it had installed jde, vc++ and Services packs, so we didn't install JDE from cd. And we haven't run SPC yet on our new deployment server.

We were able to copy all the jde*.* files from the oold Deployment server and copied it to the new server. In fact I installed Prototipe environment on my laptop fork the new server and worked fine. Also I've installed a new license (PD and PY) and I can see it taken on P98538. We havent tested yet creating and deploying packages nor OCM mappings.

What we are trying to do is to copy the whole b7333 from the old DS as soon as we are able to load the RAID. We tried installing a new operating system on a IDe hard disk but the system freezes within a few minutes.

It's been a horrible day. And I think it'll be worse because I know this was a very-very ugly setup.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi PearlJam,
I find ur first post and the last one very contradictory.
First u said that u cannot run jde on DS due to licencing issues.
As per ur last post u said that u have quote - "new license (PD and PY) and I can see it taken on P98538".

Have u installed the Deployment server on ur back up machine using the Deployment server CD's ... in that case licences are required in the very second screen.
My guess is that u have just created a directory structure ... ?
Ur primary goal should be to restore the raid
smile.gif

Also remember to keep ur backup machine name and IP same as ur old DS

Finally my deployment server is running again. No problems so far but I know something will happen. We're out of support next january so things don't look good for me as a CNC.

Thanks to all that replied to this thread.

laugh.gif

Thanks God we're leaving for vacations today.

Without trying to pick on anyone in particular, please refrain from using text messaging abbreviations when responding to posts. I'm sure I'm not alone that I find it incredibly annoying when people use the letter "u" (which is a letter, like letter of the alphabet, not a word) to mean "you" and "ur" (which is neither a letter nor a word) to mean "your" (or perhaps when you mean "you're" which appears to be VERY challenging for some folks).

Please save that abbreviation crap for your text messaging friends, and use full words on the forums. The few seconds lost typing entire words will do two things: First, it will prevent looking like an uneducated child, and will prevent the rest of us from getting irritated.

Yo Bill, take da Chill Pill !!!
Okay , okay I will try and be more carefull next time and complete my sentences without using short forms.
Thank you for making me aware of this and C YA (Oops)

Bill...while I understand that everyone has things that tick them off...one thing to consider is that this is a multinational BB. Many are trying to write a post in English (due probably to the fact that most here use that format) and are doing the best they can to get ideas and thoughts to the the rest of us. I'm actually amazed that I as an American contributor, could not even hope to post on this forum if forced to use Russian, French, etc, yet it seems that everyone else at least knows "my" language.

You have the right to your opinion...but for one, I'd rather read a post with "ur" in it because for the most part, it's someone trying to make an attempt to make me understand...even though I never try to create messages in anyone else's native language.

Besides...it's the "holiday season"...ho-ho-ho.

That's my opinion...I could be wrong.

Well perhaps I'm a bit gramatically sensitive, as I am often annoyed at the general inability of the US population to correctly write, speak or spell English (and don't even get me started on punctuation).

But I doubt our non-English speaking forum members find the text messaging abbreviations helpful. Even the Netiquette posting suggests not using abbreviations like IMHO, BTW, etc., which are quite common in email messages. How are "u" or "ur" any different?

Oh No! Look out Joel, it's the grammar police! Hide your abbreviations and break out the thesaurus!

Merry Christmas everyone!

If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say
anything especially here.

l8r,

Back