UBE not running correctly from a CL on the AS400

rbd

When we run this custom UBE from a CL on the 400 it runs but does not work the same as running it from a fat client. If we cancel the CL then submit the UBE using the 'SUBMIT VERSION SPECIFICATIONS ONLY' function then start the CL again it works fine until the next day. I have also built and deployed an update package. I thought I read somewhere about the AS400 caching specs or something for UBE's. We also delete the sql packages every night. Does anyone have a clue what could be causing this?

Could other people be running the same version of this UBE on the AS400 from either Fat Clients/ Citrix etc? If so, their parameters would be the one's that were last sent to the AS400 and would be what runs the next time when your CL program runs it.

We regularly had this problem when a user submitted a UBE version which was also used by our scheduler, overwriting the selection. To avoid this problem we now use sepearate secured versions for our 'Scheduled' jobs.

No one runs this report manually from oneworld and it is not on the OW job scheduler.

We have had the same issues as others have described on this thread. We had to resort to using DSPLOG for the job to find out who else was actually running the job. Also used WSJ on EO as well. Finally found the culprit whose response was,
"Oh, that job!"... Different Versions for our Operations Department/Job Scheduler resolved this one....

Back