Sub System Jobs -Print redirection

steve618

Hi - I'm a newbie to E1 and trying to get my head around subsystem jobs. We're running E811 on an Iseries platform.
Within Confirm Ship I have set the procesing options to print invoices and entered a version of R42565 that will run as a sub system job.
I have submitted the R42565 version using 'RUNUBE' from a green screen and that I can see is sitting in a wait state ready to process records from table F986113. So far so good. I confirm ship an order line and its processed correctly and the F986113 record is picked up and processed by R42565 BUT the invoice goes to the wrong output queue.
How does the R42565 program determine where to send its output. In world it used the default location & Printers list. Is this still used? or is the "Printers - [Work with Default Printers]" list used in some way?
If I submit the s/system job under my user profile the output goes to the queue specified on the RUNUBE, if the s/sytem job is submitted with a generic user profile(preferred) then the default printers list seems to be coming into play.
Any ideas where can get more info on how this works....

Back