Xe Multi Language

Soul Glo

Soul Glo

VIP Member
We are opening offices in Singapore and expansion of our Japan and Korean operations, JDE reports/invoices, etc. need to be printed in the local language.

I know that Xe only has the ability to support a single language at a time however is there any module attachment that Oracle has that will allow us to be able to have multiple languages on Xe. We need to be able to print invoices in Japanese, Korean, or Chinese.

Also, we need to know what is involved with installing languages and the Unicode functionality so that we can then produce invoices in the required language.

Also I need to know how I can verify in Xe whether language is currently installed on our Xe system.

Hi Soul,

Printing invoices and other documents in multiple languages requires a bit report development.

You can retrieve customre/supplier language preference before start to process the next/first invoice (in the Initialize Section event or on Before Level Break event) and call the Set Language Prefernce system function.

To take affect - of course - you should translate the UBE with Vocabulary Override application for the required languages or install the appropriate language packs.

Regards,

Zoltán

Back