GEN.bat - Data dics

lemieux

Hello List, I am trying to generate HTML for DV811 for the very first time since we upgraded from "xe" to "8.11".

Core objects, Applications, Reports, NER's, Business Views and tables work fine.

The issue I am having is, Data Dictionaries will not generate.

I have tried Data Dictionaries alone and with "Generate ALL Objects". Same results each time.

I have no error in the DOS window. The application (gen.bat)continues to run for as long as I let it with the cursor showing as an "hourglass".

In the log file genstatus I have the following message. It is the last message in the log.

There are 1 objects in queue, please wait for saving...

I do have a full set of DD & GT's on the generation machine and have "bounced" services on the ES.

I have searched the the KG and jdelist and can't find anything.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank-You in advance.

Michael

8.11 - SP1 - 8.95_c1, planner ESU JJ10436
DS = Windows 2003, SP1, 2GB of RAM and a 3.2ghz processor (this is a VM machine), ES = iseries 400, OS/400 V5R3

Are you getting any messages in the JAS.log? Or even in the jde.log for that matter?

Re: GEN.bat - Data dics - the fix

All, this was a result of one empty record in the F9200 and F9202. Once we deleted these two records, DD generated.

Thank-You,

I'm wondering if your Applications generated without errors. I've been working with Oracle for 2 weeks now because the processing options are not attached on any custom applications. The custom applications contain garbage characters. The is a new known issue and they are currently trying to fix the code.

Tammy,

Did they create a SAR for your issue ? We also encountered both errors stated in this thread when upgrading to 8.11 SP1 8.95_C1.

1. Blank DD records
2. PO with garbage characters

Thanks,

DeRay
Win2003, SQL2000 SP4

I haven't seen a SAR #. I've been working directly with the upgrade people and developers at Oracle and they have uncovered something else, but I'm not sure what it is yet. I'll let you know what I find out though. From what I understand the fix will be in the form of a one-off.

The other issue the developers found was garbage in the Custom tables like was in the processing options. It didn't affect me. Hopefully they'll have a fix by Monday.

The Oracle developers made a change (twice) to 8.95_F1. Well, I'm on 8.95_B1. Installed 8.95_F1 to the deployment server only and then they sent me the fix in a .dll. I ran the "fix", and then they rolled me back to 8.95_B1. Worked like a charm and I was able to have everything up and running within a couple of hours. I'm not sure when the fix will go out, but they were saying something about it being in a planner.
smile.gif

Back