Connect JDE on Oracle to Informix?

Neilwar

Neilwar

Well Known Member
Hi

We are running JDE B7.3.3 on Oracle and want to connect to an Informix database - is this possible? If so, how?

Thanks

Neil

First of all, Informix is not a support db platform(you cannot create a OneWorld database datasource for example), but depends on which kind of operations you have to do with Informix.
If you have to convert data from Informix to Oracle or from Oracle to Informix I think that you can use database tools (I don't know which tools).
If you want to access information on Informix from interactive application or from report in my opinion you can write a Business function that access Informix.
I hope to help you
regards
Gigi

Neil,

We have discussed this a few times on the list. Without building interfaces an approach you can consider is to use database links and views to masquerade the Informix tables as E1 tables.

Take a look at this thread from 2002. Christian Audet linked in Sybase to OneWorld:

http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=OWDEV&Number=31468&page=&view=&sb=&o=

Lately I have been making extensive use of database views to improve UBE performance and in some cases to link in unsupported databases into E1. You will have to work through column formats, perhaps add new data dictionary items. The specifics of the approach will depend on the platforms hosting your two databases. If you need more advice come back with specific platform/os/version information and I will see if I can give you a specific approach.

Regards,

Having just moved to a OneWorld site I have a lot to learn! I was under the impresion that Informix was a supported database - but that just goes to show what I know!

Thanks for your replies, I will have a look at the other threads and see what I can do.

Nice to see that you guys/gals in the OneWorld forums are as helpful as those in the World forums.

Thanks again,

Neil

Back