Payee Control Next Number

peterbruce

peterbruce

Legendary Poster
JDEList,

Over the past 12 months or so, adding and changing address book entries has been getting slow. I got a JDEDEBUG.log and it appears to be because the BSFN F0450RetrieveNextUKID (B0400060) gets the next value for UKID by accessing the entire F0450 table. Here is the SQL recorded in the log:

SELECT PCUKID FROM F0450 ORDER BY PCUKID DESC

Reading SAR 6458119 and Solution ID 200782511 has not helped much. They both refer to F00022, but I did not see F00022 referenced in the log.

Payee Control has been activated for a relatively short period of time approximately 24 months. I need to speed up the response times for adding and changing address book entries. Is the BSFN above the problem, did we miss something when setting up payee control? Or is purging the F0450 the only answer?

Any information/advice would be appreciated.

This depends on the NN setup, there's a comment in this BSFN:

/* F00022 not set up yet, so we need to reverse
sort the F0450 table, increment the last UKID
by 1, and copy to lpDS*/

hence, it looks like the first stage of this BSFN fails and it proceeds directly to do what you observe in your system:

SELECT PCUKID FROM F0450 ORDER BY PCUKID DESC

Alex,

Thanks for your help. You effectively pointed me in the right direction. I couldn't find the comment you mentioned in the BSFN. I realized then, that I need to install SAR 6458119 (ESU JD18363). I've installed and tested it and the whole F0450 is not accessed any more. I'll do a little more testing and then put it into production. Then I'll see if it has an effect in reducing the responce times.

Back