8.11 SP1 iSeries Enterprise Server install error.

rosebay

We've run into an issue that I'm hoping someone can help with. We ran into this error when attempting to load the iSeries Enterprise server from the Power Pack at this step in the instructions:

Please enter the name of the system library where you would like to install EnterpriseOne. It can be no more than 10 characters long.

Also please enter the name of the database server on which you are planning to install the database. If you are installing the database on this server, this value will be defaulted in for you.
System Library [E811SYS]
We are getting the following error at this step:

ERROR: log used before wizard tree is initialized: ERROR in class class com.jdedwards.install.ISMP.WizardAction.IncludeJDEdwardsC
ustomStringResolver$JDEdwardsCustomStringResolver trying to resolve host e.getMessage returns: : Unrecoverable error
Java program completed with exit code 1005

We logged a call with Oracle, however they haven't been much help as of yet. They have only had us delete the files from the iSeries and recopy them over from the Windows machine. Has anyone seen this error before or know what it is? Thanks.

I would take a look at your CFGTCP options 10 and 12. Make sure that Option 10 has an entry for your server. I would probably set my Host Name Search Priority to *LOCAL as well. Just to make sure it is not a DNS issue.

Make sure that you can do a ping YOUESERVER from the cmd prompt on the iSeries and that it resolves to the proper IP Address.

Finally do a WRKRDBDIRE and make sure you have an entry for the server and *LOCAL.

Feel free to call me if you would like.

This was a new AS400 and we were missing the data in option 12. Once we fixed that the installation went smoothly. Thanks for your help.

Back