JD Edwards Reporting and Sales/Financials Security

kli

I am looking for information on what type of security that JD Edwards uses in its Business Intelligence or Analytic Reporting and Sales or Financials module. In addition, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the name of that module is. I know OneWorld has been replaced by EnterpriseOne. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Lee

Lee,
At Xe and 8.0 (pre PeopleSoft) EnterpriseOne was a single Architecture package. In other words the Security for all applications was controlled by a single table known as the Security Workbench Table. There were a few abberations like Advanced Planning (formerly Numetrix) and CRM (formerly Youcentric) which were add ons. Although the JDE architects fully intended to integrate these products into the standard JDE architecture as well.

PeopleSoft had a different philosophy which was basically acquiring different modules and not trying to integrate them, just trying to set up interfaces between the modules. Maintaining Security in PeopleSoft Enterprise was an interesting challenge; one that I am glad (hopefully) never to take on again.

Whilst under control of PeopleSoft, some of the de-centralised security controls started to appear in EnterpriseOne 8.10 and 8.11. For example, new controls were brought into the Address Book module, set up outside the Security Workbench (Personally I thought they were questionable as "Security Features").

I'm sorry to give you such a long rambling answer. I just wanted to explain to you why the Forum have not been able to answer your questions concisely. We almost don't understand the questions.

But to answer your questions on this post:
1) The Financial Modules are part of the integrated architecture, they have no name as such, they are classified by a product code, the main codes in this case are 09 - General Ledger, 03B - Accounts Receivable, 04 - Accounts Payable.
2) The Sales Module is integrated as well and is Product Code 42.
3) I'm sorry I have no experience of Business Intelligence (I always though that was an Oxymoron anyway).

Thanks Owen.
I found what EnterpriseOne or OneWorld used for security. With your response, I can just use that information for the Transaction(Sales/Financials) and Reporting(BI). I think i sent your company an email asking for information, but i never got anything back yet. You did help me and i appreciate that response a lot.
Thanks
Lee

Back